Tips to Prevent Fungus Problems
- Keep socks and footwear clean and dry.
- Wash feet frequently with soap and water, then be sure to dry them thoroughly; powdering the feet and between the toes after showering and drying can help keep moisture at bay.
- Wear cotton socks and change them several times a day if feet are sweaty or moist.
- Wear footwear made from breathable materials that allow air to circulate around the feet.
- Never share footwear, socks, or footcare instruments such as nail files and nail clippers.
- Do not walk barefoot in public areas with wet floors, including showers, pools, and locker rooms; instead, wear plastic flip-flops, slides, or shower shoes.
- Avoid injuring the toenails, which can eventually develop into an infection.